Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - June 2011

Another month has come and gone and its again another much anticipated "Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day".  A day that is hosted by May Dreams Gardens each 15th of the month. Everyone posts what is blooming in their yard at that time. June is another exciting month of blooming.

Here is what is blooming in my yard:

Gardenia
Hardy Hibiscus
Louisiana Iris
Mexican Petunia

Orange Double Lily
Pink Gladiola
Shasta Daisy
If you see chewed on leaves and petals...well, its grasshopper damage. This is going to be a bad year for them and I'm not sure how many the birds can eat to keep up. With pastureland all around us, we have to take this as part of it living here.

7 comments:

  1. Our hardy hibiscus in NE Texas has medium-pink blooms as big as a salad plate! We'll see how they've done against the usual teeny caterpillars this weekend.

    The grasshoppers in CFlorida are huge and voracious this year - wonder if the drought has anything to do with this?

    **Katy M
    Recommending YA books beyond the bestsellers at http://BooksYALove.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter @BooksYALove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't get too much damage from the grasshoppers...your blooms are lovely! Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I'm trying to take pictures while I can of my flowers. The drought is what is causing the grasshopper explosion this year. They have preferences on what they like to eat but once that is gone they'll eat the rest.

    This is my first year to have this hibiscus plant. The nursery said it was 2 years old. It's called, 'Robert Fleming' in case you want one. I love the color. I think one of every color would be good also..... Including the pink one @Katyroo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Robert Fleming' is exceptional and a new one to me... very beautiful. It's very disheartening to read about all these heat and drought situations. I certainly hope it changes for you soon... Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...