|Rows are raised higher to avoid standing water|
Do you know what one of the fastest ways to kill a plant? Drown it. Plants need air circulation around their roots... well at least most of them do. The problem is that plants that are over-watered exhibit a lot of the same symptoms as those who need water.
- yellowing leaves starting at the base of the plant
- eventual dead or discolored parts of plant that are dying
---ARE ALL SIGNS of OVER-WATERING
It could be other things going on, but check your water amount first.
To help Environmental Issues you can:
- Amending your soil - If you have poor draining clay soil -- helps create better air/water circulation for roots
- Raise the soil level - add compost/soil as above or use raised beds
- Choosing a better location - some areas are just prone to holding water. Moving the plant is just plain easier.
|These are my favorite boots given to me by a dear friend. They keep my feet nice and dry as I sometimes have to wade through parts of my yard to get to my garden. A girl just has to be stylish while she works, ya' know.|