Busy As A Bee

It has been over two weeks since I've last posted anything on here. Shame on me! I wish it were because I was off on some tropical vacation or something as a reason why, but NO I've been here "busy as a bee." With school work, yard work, the animals and my volunteer obligations I've been a bit overwhelmed. Finally though, I'm able to blog a bit about what's going on around here.

First the bees....



Taking a peek inside was such a treat! The bees were busy, busy, busy building their combs and filling them.



These pictures were taken a little over a week ago. I checked on them again Sunday and the combs are even larger now and more are capped. All of these photos were taken from the back of the hive.



I am just amazed at their ability to construct their hives. The natural shape of the doesn't change the perfect hexagon cells.

7 comments:

  1. You are braver than I. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what was different when you photographed the first shot vs. the next 2 shots, but the first shot practically glows with a mellow honey color. So wonderfully warm looking. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Just found your blog and am enjoying it! Love the bee adventure -- I plan to have one soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really HAVE been a busy bee! To me it is amazing that you work with bees...it's totally foreign to me;-) I have not been to visit you in ages...I've neglected so many friends that I met back in the winter;-( It's hard to keep up, but I'm glad I stopped in to see what's new. Hope you're having a wonderful summer! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of the wonderful comments about the bees and such. It's definitely been a fun adventure so far!

    @Kris - I don't know why the golden color was so strong in one of the shots. They are really white looking like the other two. The hive is pretty clean so far and I think that's why it's so light.

    It's fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Warren. :) I'm making it so far. I never thought I would be so attached to my bees though. I really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...