Setting Up A Worm Composting Bin

I have had several requests on how to set up a composting worm bin using plastic totes. This is one the easiest and least expensive ways to get started with composting worms. I just found this video and the owner does an excellent job walking you through the process.

I hope this inspires others to start their own worm bin. Too many valuable nutrients are commonly discarded in the trash and down the garbage disposal. Taking these items, breaking them down through a form of composting and adding them back to our own yards builds our soil up and reduces the added bulk that is sent to landfills and such.

If there is one way to easily make a change for Earth Day this is it!

Happy Earth Day 2009!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this video. I've never tried composting like this. I did try some cold composting over the winter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...